Tuesday 3 May 2011

White Stork - Stewartby Lake



This White Stork appeared from the Marston Moretaine side of the Marston Corner of Stewartby Lake just after 1.20pm. It was initially picked up by Bob Hook whilst I was photographing a Green Hairstreak on the ground.(I'm very glad one of us was looking up...) In the ensuring chaos I remembered to change the focusing mode on my camera and dial in some extra exposure, as well changing the image stabilising mode on my lens. Unfortunately, I had forgotten that I had changed the ISO setting on my camera to 200, rather than my usual 400 so the shots aren't as sharp as they should have been... Bob and I took it in turns to keep on the bird and phone the news out as it drifted away to the East. The stork was in view for a total of about 5-6 minutes. Photographs by Martin Green

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails